Because we have already had two failed cycles they also decided to move forward with assisted hatching for these two embryos. Our clinic also uses something called embryo glue which is basically a sticky-like substance that's added to the outside of the embryos to help them stay put. We definintely need all the help we can get at this point! After our consultation I was instructed to take my valium and was taken back to get dressed for the transfer. I've become a pro at filling my bladder for the transfers. I was doing the pee-pee danced in no time!
Once we were in the procedure room, the embryologist rolled our little embryos into the room in their own little isolette. It was so neat! It's very similar to the isolettes used for newborns in the NICU. Dr. M said that I had done an excellent job of filling my bladder because she had a perfect view of my uterus. She also said that the lining looked really good as well. The embryologist was then given the go ahead to load the embryos into the catheter and away we went. We got to watch on the ultrasound machine as Dr. M placed the embryos into the lining of my uterus. It still just amazes me each time I watch this being done and I just lay there and pray that God will keep growing these embryos and help them to snuggle in for the long-haul.
After the transfer was over Dr. M inserted a catheter into my bladder to drain it. YUCK! This was NOT fun. God bless the sweet nurse that had to stand there and hold the container for my urine to drain into. She was so sweet and just kept telling us how she would be praying for us and that we would have a whole clinic full of people praying for these little embryos! After my bladder was drained I had to continue to lay on the table for an hour so I didn't move the embryos around. The valium had relaxed me by that point so it went by pretty fast. Now, I'm laying on the couch and will continue to be here or in bed for the next two days. This new clinic requires 2 full days of bedrest. I am fine with that because our last clinic didn't require any bedrest and we see where that got us!
God definitely showed me today! I was not ready for a transfer today, frankly I didn't want a transfer today. I had dinner plans tonight that I was really looking forward to, I was looking forward to church tomorrow and going to eat for my brother-in-law's birthday. I had plans, BUT once again I needed to be reminded that it's not my timing or my plans that are important...it's His plans. I know that God's plans are always better than mine and so that's why I'm embracing our three day transfer today. I have faith that this was the best thing for us and our embryos and I have faith that God is in complete control and only wants the best for us.
Thankfully this new clinic does not require as long of a wait until the beta test. Our beta test will be on March 3rd. 10 days to go! Please keep praying for our embryos! I hope they continue to grow and that they decide to snuggle in soon! I will leave you with a picture of our precious embryos! The first picture is of the embryos after they were transferred into my uterus. It's the little white mass on the upper right-hand side. :-)











Congrats on being PUPO!!!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting! They are in there! Prayers for them to stick and grow!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations...you are PUPO!! Those are the cutest babies, and I will pray that they stay snuggled in their momma's belly! The nurse was super sweet. I can't wait until March 3rd, I'm so excited babe! :)
ReplyDeleteWooHoo!!!
ReplyDeleteHow excitement!!
I'll keep praying that your little embies are sticky sticky sticky!!
xx
Those look like super fantastic embryos!! and now the 2ww begins, take it easy and try to cope with the madness the best you can, we'll all be here to support you! Fran
ReplyDeleteCongrats!! I always took 2 days of bedrest after my transfers. My clinic said 24 hours but I didn't do anything I would later blame myself for if it didn't work and I took an extra day to rest. Enjoy being PUPO and can't wait to hear that strong beta on March 3!!
ReplyDeleteHey lady, stopping by from ICWL, congratulations, sounds like a fabulous transfer that is sure to bring a BFP!!! Relax & think wonderful baby thoughts:)
ReplyDeleteOh, I'm just so pleased to hear that everything went well and that your little babies are overachieving already! March 3rd will be here before you know it. When you start feeling anxious, remember that God is in control - which is a whole lot better than us being in control!
ReplyDeleteI am glad everything went well and your babies are in the best place for them. Nobody takes care of them better than Mom! I hope the 2WW goes fast!!! Prayers are headed your way!
ReplyDeleteGlad everything went well!! Good luck!!
ReplyDeleteSo glad it all went well and your babies are home. I will pray that everything sticks and that your wait goes quickly!
ReplyDeleteSo exciting! Hope they both snuggle into their new homes for the next 9 months and GROW, GROW, GROW!!!! Praying that your 2ww will pass by quickly!
ReplyDeletePUPO! PUPO! I, for one, think your embies are gorgeous! I'm sorry that you didn't get the 5-day transfer that you had hoped for, but I believe that your babies are as happy and as safe as can be inside their mommy. =)
ReplyDeleteGreat news - congrats! I have read that, too, that they do a 5 day transfer just to see the best embryos. But if they could already see the two rockstars by day 3, it sounds like it was perfect!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Courtney! March 3rd is so close!
ReplyDeleteOooooh! SO excited for you! It sounds like, although earlier than you thought, everything went great! Your embabies are beautiful. Rest up! The 10 days will go by, even if they seem to take forever. You can get there!
ReplyDelete