Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, February 12, 2010

It's the weekend!

I'm SO frickin' glad it's the weekend! This has been a crazy busy week. A good week, but just busy. I had another appointment this morning. Things are still going well. Dr. M actually measured my follicles this morning and the 6 largest on the right side measured between 9-12 mm, with the 6 largest on the left side ranging from 9-13 mm (with one at 15 mm as well). She said that my lining looked beautiful and that things were right on track. Yay! My estrogen is now at 1337 and my progesterone is at 0.26. My next appointment will be on Monday morning and I will probably trigger that night. As of now, it looks like my egg retrieval will be on Wednesday. I know I was hoping for Monday because of the perfect timing of things, but honestly I am totally fine with Wednesday. We want God's perfect timing, not what we think the "perfect" timing should be. :-)

I met the sweetest womann in the waiting room this morning. We've seen each other at just about every appointment so far and we always smile at each other but have never talked. This morning she saw me and came over to sit by me and chat. She told me that she and her husband already had two children and thought they were done. Then she told me that they had lost their oldest child to a brain tumor. How sad is that? They decided they wanted to have a third child so that they're other little girl wouldn't have to grow up alone. Unfortunately, her husband had a terrible accident while at work and he fell 30 stories and suffered a brain injury. This injury left him unable to get her pregnant naturally, so IVF is their only hope for her getting pregnant. My heart just went out to this woman. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. She asked me if this was our first IVF cycle and I told her that it was our third. She then asked if the other attempts had resulted in children and I told her unfortunately, they had not. She said she was so sorry and that it was just terrible that we were having to endure this a third time. I was truly astonished at the sympathy she had for our very minor misfortune compared to what she has been through. She was just so sweet and when I was called back to the room she told me that she would be praying for me and I told her I would be praying for her too. How sweet is that?! God definitely has a way of putting people in our lives at just the right moment. I never cease to be amazed at His timing.

When she first sat down and started chatting with me she asked me "So, how far along are you?" Of course, I knew she was asking how far along I was in this IVF cycle. But for a few seconds I got little butterflies in my stomach at the thought of those words. I really hope I'm being asked that same question, but for a very different reason soon. :-)

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and a great Valentine's Day!

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like things are moving right along!! Praying for those eggies and a successful retrieval on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amzaing sorry! Maybe you'll see her again sometime. Wednesday will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great! Praying for God's perfect timing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She sounds likely a truly wonderful woman. I'm glad you met her and I hope you'll be asked the same question very soon again. Fran

    ReplyDelete
  5. I doubt I could have the grace that that woman has in the face of such tragedy. It's nice that she took the time to come chat with you.

    I guess that I am only a few days behind you in this cycle. Hopefully the third time is the charm for us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay yay yay for an awesome cycle!! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad things are moving along nicely! The woman you met sounds so strong and inspring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. God sure has a way of putting people in our path to encourage and support us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are on your way! I am so excited for you to trigger and do the ER!

    I love how God always seems to put the right person in our path at the right times. How awesome that she talked with you and how inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing and sad story. God always know what we need and when we need it. It happens to me whenever I am feeling bad. I find someone who picks me up and makes me realize my life is really great.

    ReplyDelete